Home Uncategorized JAMB Cut-off Mark now 160

JAMB Cut-off Mark now 160

Jamb Cut-off Mark

The authorities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Tuesday approved 160 as a minimum cut-off mark.

Which is for candidates seeking admission into public universities in Nigeria.

This is as a result of the JAMB’s 19th policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions in Nigeria held at Bola Babalakin auditorium, Gbongan, Osun State.

The meeting, was attended by the Vice Chancellors, Rectors of Polytechnics and provosts of colleges of education.

In the meeting, it was approved that the cut off marks for private universities is 140

while 120 was fixed as a cut-off mark for public polytechnic and 110 for private polytechnic.

Similarly, 100 and above was approved for colleges of education.

The authorities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Tuesday approved 160 as a minimum cut-off mark for candidates seeking admission into public universities in Nigeria.

This is as a result of the JAMB’s 19th policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions in Nigeria held at Bola Babalakin auditorium, Gbongan, Osun State.

The meeting, was attended by Vice Chancellors, Rectors of Polytechnics and provosts of colleges of education.

In the meeting, it was approved that the Cut-off Mark for private universities is 140.

while 120 was fixed as a cut-off mark for public polytechnic and 110 for private polytechnic.

Similarly, 100 and above was approved for colleges of education.

During the meeting, the Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede said plans were going on to conduct an open examination.

Which are for students seeking admissions into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

Describing the development as a new innovation for 2019 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination, (UTME).

Then, he contended that it was aimed at curbing examination malpractice.

He then explained that the board would provide one million questions for each subject out of which 50 would be answered for the examination.

Oloyede, however, expressed concern over the high number of applicants, seeking to study Medicine in universities.

He said, 436,799 candidates applied for the course during the last UTME against available space for 35,923 candidates.

Earlier in his remark, chairman, governing the board of JAMB, Dr. Emmanuel Nndukwe, said ” the board is striving to provide a unique standard that will be acceptable by students and parents.

The director of Tertiary Education, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr. Joel Ojo Samuel, who spoke on behalf of the permanent secretary of the ministry charged the board to be sensitive, transparent and sincere in the consideration of students cut-off mark.

He stated that  “accountability and transparency have made it possible for JAMB to, directly and indirectly, support other Institutions and agencies in the education sector. It is gladdening that NECO has taken a cue with its unprecedented remittance of over a billion naira recently.”

“The board should go further by ensuring the prosecution of all culprits and suspects of these evil and criminal activities in order to serve as a deterrent to those planning for a future exercise, and to also send a very strong and clear signal to those that have implanted themselves in these acts of criminality.”

“It is sad that there are still many reports of unethical behaviours on our campuses, especially those relating to the abuse of trust and confidence reposed in staff of tertiary institutions”, Samuel remarked.

During the meeting, the Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede said plans were going on to conduct an open examination.

Which are for students seeking admissions into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

Describing the development as a new innovation for 2019 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination, (UTME).

He contended that it was aimed at curbing examination malpractice.

Explaining that the board would provide one million questions for each subject out of which 50 would be answered for the examination.

Oloyede, however, expressed concern over the high number of applicants, seeking to study Medicine in universities.

He said that 436,799 candidates applied for the course during the last UTME against available space for 35,923 candidates.

Earlier in his remark, chairman, governing the board of JAMB, Dr. Emmanuel Nndukwe, said the board was striving to provide a unique standard that will be acceptable by students and parents.

The director of Tertiary Education, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr. Joel Ojo Samuel, who spoke on behalf of the permanent secretary of the ministry charged the board to be sensitive, transparent and sincere in the consideration of students cut-off mark.

He stated that “accountability and transparency have made it possible for JAMB to, directly and indirectly, support other Institutions and agencies in the education sector.

It is gladdening that NECO has taken a cue with its unprecedented remittance of over a billion naira recently.”

“The board should go further by ensuring the prosecution of all culprits and suspects of these evil and criminal activities in order to serve as a deterrent to those planning for a future exercise.

And to also send a very strong and clear signal to those that have implanted themselves in these acts of criminality.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.