What is passion?
Passion is anything you know how to do or wish to do with deep emotion, determination and excitement.
It is something you find really exciting to do.
Before you can say you have passion for something, you must be able to ask yourself these questions and answer them correctly.
1. What can I do joyfully for years without receiving payment?
2. What can I dedicate all my life into doing that I won’t have to regret?
3. Where can I push in all your money and be happy I did?
Passion has to do with you, what you love, what you find exciting and what you can give a better part of your life for.
The area which your answers refer is the area of your passion.
How to discover your purpose
1. Look within
The first place to look for your purpose is inside you.
What do you love to do, does that thing affect people positively, if it does, it could be your purpose.
It is always better if you find your purpose in your interest or talent because it will be easier and fun to accomplish.
2. Look out for your interests
The things you love or would love to do or learn can also be a hiding place for your purpose.
Some people love public speaking, creating new things and the rest; most times people who have a special liking for this kind of activities usually find their purposes attached to their object or activity of interest.
If you have tried these two options and you still cannot lay your hands on what your purpose may be, try the third.
3. Learn about different areas
Options 1 and 2 have to do with knowing your purpose but this is not so easy for everyone.
Take out some amount of time and read about diverse topic on the internet and look out for any that will pick your interest.
When your purpose is not embedded in your talents and your interest, it could definitely be hiding in a corner you are yet to learn about.
When you find it, feel free to develop it to whatever level you want to.
After laying your hands on your purpose, what next?
It is not just enough to find a purpose, there is more to it.
When you find an interest that looks like it could possibly be a purpose to you, you have to put it to test.
The major aim of this step is to help you confirm if it is really for you.
You can get this confirmation by asking yourself some of these questions:
1. Do you like it?
2. Will you give yourself to it willingly and tirelessly?
3. Do you have or are you willing to acquire all the skills you need to help you do it well?
4. Does it impact the society positively?
No matter how good the idea of your passion may be, if it does not affect other people positively, it is not worth pursuing.
Your purpose is not just for you alone, it is for everyone around you.
Benefits of living a purposeful life
Living a life of purpose does not just benefit the society alone, it has a way of changing every aspect of your life for the better.
Living purposefully helps in the following ways:
1. It makes you see the world from a more positive perspective
2. It helps you plan and shape your life
3. It gives you the opportunity to leave your footprints in the sands of time.
4. It makes waking up more exciting because you know that you are waking up to become better.
5. It makes you live a focused life; having your eyes on your purpose keeps every distraction away.
6. It helps you live a more accountable life.
7. It helps you live for what matters the most (touching lives) and this is the true source of fulfillment.
Must your purpose always be your career?
No. your passion must not always be your career.
If you already have a career that you like and it is paying you well, continue it.
However, you are free if you choose to make your purpose a career; it will always be a reason for you to always push to make it work.
Before making this decision, you have to be very enlightened and informed about the opportunities and risks involved.
Steps to take in fulfilling your purpose
To fulfill your purpose, you have to put a lot of things in place especially if it is something that is new to you.
Try these steps to improve yourself your chances of fulfilling that wonderful purpose God has given to you:
1. Read books related to your purpose.
2. Meet up with others in the same field.
3. Talk to experts and attend seminars.
4. Make a plan.
5. Get a team that will help you execute your plan.
6. Source for startup finances.
7. Get started.
Tips on living a purposeful life
There are a lot of people who found their purpose but were unable to fulfill it.
Some did not have the courage to start while others started but could not persevere.
With the following, I believe you will be able to live your purpose to the fullest.
1. Take out doubt
Once you have gotten a confirmation on your purpose, move into it. Too much deliberations and considerations will only kill the zeal.
Do not doubt, the presence of doubt will only reduce your chances of succeeding. You are good at it, you know that.
Every winner knows what it means to hang on. Hang in there no matter what till you get to your destination.
3. Take your eyes off the money
The monetary profit should not be your main aim, touching people should.
There are more fulfillments in impacting lives than in making money and if you are good at what you do, it will always find a way of paying off.
4. Take responsibility
Man up and take decisions, also be responsible for the decisions you take.
If it turns out well, thank God but if it does not, handle it and do not try to push the blame around.
5. Encourage yourself
The journey will not be all smooth but it will definitely be worth it. Always tell yourself that you will definitely get there. Speak positive.
6. Overcome your challenges
Do not let the challenge push you out the game; there can be no trophy if there are no hurdles.
Overcome your challenges with a positive. attitude and do not forget to learn from them.